Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tipsy Potroast and So forth

Making a pot roast today, kinda trying to wing it a little on the recipe, but using cook time for a comparable roast for the slow cooker. ((The last recipe I made turned out unexpectedly dry and made everyone feel a bit under the weather.))
So cross your fingers and hope this one comes out alright. I'm calling it the Tipsy Roast because it's got a fair amount of red wine in the mix, thus... Tipsy Roast.

I'm staring down at the finish line for the Yvonne sweater for my mother, I'll let you know then if I actually end up using as much of the "Rowan" as I thought I would based on the patern, but the pattern doesn't exactly include if there was leftover yarn from the "Verb for Keeping Warm" yarn used to make the original. ((I'm sure there was, it's just a question of how much.))

Unfortunately Mini Monster has been pretty clingy the last couple days so I really haven't gotten a great deal done on the knitting front. I'm trying though. I guess we're both readjusting everything since his father is back to work, doing that important thing involving money.

It's all making it look like it'll be quite the adventure the first time I decide to actually brave taking Mini out to do shopping with me. Car seat... sling... diaper bag... insanity....

Yeah, I gave up and bought a new sling. The ones I bought before I moved are still AWOL, and at this point I don't expect to find them before they're useless... if at all. Things have a tendency to vanish occasionally at that house, and never be seen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment