Thursday, January 7, 2010

Yvonne continued, and possible exchange attempt

Continuing onward with Yvonne. I'm doing pretty well so far other than the amount of time it took me to find out that "Welt Pattern" was described at the top of the sheet.
Welt is apparently an 'confuse the unenlightened' version of saying GARTER STITCH. Unfortunately this means I did the first set of four rows in all purl, because I was knitting late at night after a long day, and the Welt translation didn't ping on my radar. *facepalm*
I'm not planning on 'tinking' or 'frogging' the work I've done, but I'll continue from here with the -garter- stitch.

((For those who don't know the terms: Tink is a term someone coined ((Knit, backward)) to undo one stitch at a time, and frogging is to rip the whole thing out. ((Since "Rip it" sounds a little like Ribbit.)).

Otherwise I'm planning on seeing if I can join a bit of an exchange, and possibly another 'destash' afterward, and get rid of some of the yarn I'm unlikely to use. C_C;;
I'm developing a serious hoarde, and some of it should really go to someone more likely to use it. Or look good in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment