Sunday, January 24, 2010

Dr. Pepper, Thumbless Mittens, Knitted fish and Baby Snarf

Well the title about summarizes everything I think;
Though the Dr Pepper bit IS kind of random. ((I happen to be enjoying some. Damn it's nice to be able to have a Soda without worrying if I'm drinking too much sugar for Mini Monster.))
Mini has also, in addition to his Diaper shedding skills (We think we've got that managed for now with an alternate brand of baby diapers.) He also tosses off socks and booties with reckless abandon... ((I think he got that from his father, given how many times I've recovered socks from the foot of the bed.)) and looses mittens. I dug up an quick pattern for Thumbless Mittens and I've made one, the second however, should probably have been closed with slightly more sleep, since I didn't close it quite properly and it's already trying to come unknitted. Good practice anyway, and a pretty quick knit. The first one ((Which is holding together)) was knitted from an earthy sort of rainbow colorway sock yarn, and has an red-orangey fade, which makes it look like shrimp sushi.
That made his father and I start debating weather or not I could make a knitted fish, with purl stitching to make the 'scales'. ((Purl looks like dragon or fish scales to me, especially in certain colors.)), and so that got put on thee 'hey I should try this' knitting schedule.
The Baby Snarf is also, obviously, a Mini Monster event. He's been dominating the headlines of the household. He's an extremely impatient feeder, which tends to cause us frustration, and him a few issues. Like drinking too fast, burping in the middle of one of his exuberant slurps, and resultant firing formula out his nose. All over his Dad. Twice. At four in the morning.
Fortunately none seems to have stayed in there, and he's doing fine after some light mopping. Dad too, and thank god for him since I've been wiped out the last couple nights, and that shreds my patience, which tends to make me be crabby, and then get crabby at myself for being crabby. It's a self feeding cycle of crabby.
Everyone says it's normal, but I'm still working to get past it. I don't like me when I'm angry, to paraphrase certain Comic Icons....

Hopefully I'll have pictures up soon of the mittens, and at some point pictures of the Yvonne vest, which got put on hold for a little while. It's still in the works though, really!

No comments:

Post a Comment