Friday, March 4, 2011

More Updates

  Well here's the Shawl as it stands this morning. It's just barely wide enough for the top points to go around my shoulders, and thats a BIG change from yesterdays photo. I think thats not too bad for only three days work.

 It's a lot easier once you get into a rhythm, and I shamelessly admit to putting some tv on in the background and tuning out so that my mind wouldn't be entirely focused on the repetitiveness of what I was doing or how it was getting along with the strain on my wrist.
 I think it's the first time I've actually felt like I might, actually, reallly get this damn thing done by deadline, though I'm now going to knock on wood as I say that because now somethings going to happen to try and prevent that.

 I also took a detail shot of the center 'spine'. I've got stitch markers on either side of that center stitch to show me where to make the yarnovers, and thought I'd share the interesting effect it creates. Not only in the loops, but the way the stitches tilt outward from the center bar.

 I kinda wish I'd had a slightly variegated pink yarn on hand just to see how it looked with the color changes, but I think the decorative increases will also help make it slightly more interesting on the whole anyway.  Sorry about the camera strap getting into the picture, that was my bad.

 I also finally had the opportunity to try MiniMonster in a shirt that his Auntie Roo has been ITCHING to see him in, so here ya go.
                                                           Lounge Lizard MiniMonster. <3

1 comment:

  1. MiniMonster is such a cute little lounge lizard!♥

    The shawl is looking very nice, hope you get it done in time.

    ReplyDelete