Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Knitting a Hug from the Family

 My Mother in Laws sister was diagnosed with cancer, and her younger sister, (My Mother in Law) is really worried about her, though I understand the Prognosis is good. Still, Cancer is a really really scary thing, and I don't blame her. She asked me to help her by knitting something for her in pink, so I'm knitting an shawl in pink Caron Simply Soft because it's soft, lightweight, and easy to clean. Also it will show the lace details better than RedHeart moon and stars, which was the other pick by my Mother in Law.

 I just moved it onto a pair of round needles, and I'll be working hard on it to try and make sure it's done by the 15th, when Nana J will go out to try and visit her.  We're going to at some point go out together as well and see if we can find a really nice shawl pin to go with it.

3 comments:

  1. Please post the results, this sounds beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do! I'll try and update as things go so there's a record of how fast it grows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might have something, depending on her taste...

    ReplyDelete