Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Who Needs Sleep

Today was an "Who Needs Sleep" day. MiniMonster woke up at one, apparently he had a nightmare, and it took him a while to get back to sleep. Me, I didn't really -get- back to sleep. I just kind of did an off and on doze, and crawled out of bed at six.

I got running on a cup of coffee and a can of Red Bull ((otherwise known as my "Ultra Emergency Stash". I try and avoid the stuff unless I'm pretty sure that there's no way I'll function at a human level.

I started off feeling pretty Jeckel and Hyde, and just generally crabby, but fortunately the caffeine kicked in after a couple hours, and I mellowed out. As a second blessing, apparently the Monster somehow keyed in to the idea that Mommy was dead tired, and was very sweet today.

Haven't repaired his mitten yet, but I did cast on for a new hat for him. It's a little beret in sock yarn. I got some really nice hand died merino from "Creature Comforts" on Etsy, the owner of which I've actually talked to on GaiaOnline. The color is called "Iago" after the character in Shakesphere, and is shades of green, black, and white. I think it'll be really cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment