Friday, January 15, 2010

Wonder-Knit powers! Activate!

I love hanging out on Ravelry, and I'm definitely enjoying the Folklore and Fables group. It's so awesome to find other knitters as geeked out as I can be. Especially when in a Folklore and Fables group, we can joke our way not only through Fables, Tolkein, Dune, The Super Friends, and the Scarlet Letter. ((One of my new goals is to design the "Knitwench" logo.)) ((Another goal is to get the recipie for the apple-gingerbread upsidedown cake someone mentioned.))

I did finally finish Jr's Car Blanket. ((He's taking his time in arriving, just as well since his poor father is exhausted from unpacking and assembling the crib all by himself. X_X))
The pattern came out a little crooked, but I did discover I'm not the only "Raveler" with the superpower of botching stitch counts. ((Thus the Superfreinds jokes.)) That was sorta fun to know.

Still I'm back working on the "Yvonne" vest from Cocoknits, a pattern that fascinated the trainee Midwife today, so I gave her a link to Cocoknits and to Ravelry, since she used to knit and would apparently like to get back into the game. I wish her luck!

Switching back to the size five needles felt tiny, but not as disproportionate as my first attempt to start off the blanket, which was me switching between the little size fives and a full blown size ten straight needle. Man that was like switching from a pencil to a tree trunk. Size tens really aren't the largest needle out there, but by comparison....

Also ended up doing a fix job on a mobius scarf I made someone for Christmas. Apparently I should have included a note that they do not straighten out, because some very industrious fidgeting pulled the end thread loose, so I had to pick up some stitches and use some spare yarn to re-affix everything. ((I hadn't exactly planned for the recipients industrious fingers. Something I shall have to take into account in the future!!)) Everything seems to be ok now thogh, and the fix should be covered by the roll edge, since I didn't border the Mobius scarves to keep them from rolling.

The cooking project of the day was Cranberry Orange Scones, which we made from the King Arthur Flour mix. Husband was slightly thrown by several parts in the directions, which didn't match his experience with normal scone baking, especially not as sticky as they came out. Still it worked out in the end. Just not quite the route he was expecting things to take. ((The only other time I've made scones was with their mix, so I was sort of anticipating their world devouring globbyness.))

Sounds like it would definitely be interesting to try and make them from scratch some time though, if the experience is actually that different. Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment