Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Knit and Whirl

Still working on the car-blanket, and under debate exactly how long to make it since it's main purpose will be tucking in small people in car seats. The knit and purl version of the pattern actually surprised me by being a little trickier than I expected, I doofed the count slightly some how, so one side is a little longer than it should be. I'm compensating by trying to carefully balance it by eye. It's not totally unrecognizable, but it makes me want to try again.

Otherwise I seem to have all the motivation of an sun warmed cat this morning. I'd just rather sleep today, for some obnoxious reason. I'm fighting with it, so I can try and get a little bit done.

I also admit I'm still ridiculously tempted to try my hand at lace-knitting at some point, maybe something like this one, which is rated as pretty easy on Ravelry. Some lady has supposedly made three! The yarn she did the pattern in is pretty too; I can easily see grabbing a couple skeins and having at it.

Damn temptation.

No comments:

Post a Comment