Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Holy Photosynthesizing Seaslugs, Batman!

This has to be one of the more interesting articles I've seen for a while. It's like something straight out of a comic book! ((or at least it immediately reminded -me- of Poison Ivy from Batman.))
Makes you really stop to appreciate how amazingly complex the animal world is, though then again, if you think about it, there's a whole damn lot thats pretty amazing even if you just look at things that aren't crossing what we thought were pretty much untouchable boundaries.

I mean I know someone who has a lot of issues with handling basic, run of the mill wool. Understandable, it makes her itch. At the same time, she doesn't have a problem handling MERINO. And Merino's aren't some exotic, photosynthesizing animal thats part plant and part herbivore, they're just another kind of sheep. A specialized kind of sheep with amazing wool, but never the less, they're part of the same family tree.

I dunno. Pretty random I just thought it was kinda cool.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! The bio nerd in me thinks she would have *hated* that slug around exam time when trying to explain what defines an animal and what defines a plant...

    The interesting thing about scientific discovery is that it's not too fond of reaffirming what we already know. Most of it seems to enjoy exposing what we don't understand.

    ReplyDelete