Monday, April 11, 2011

ORLY?

Hey hey, it's time for some new pictures! I've been working hard on trying to teach myself how to crochet, and this has ended up in me working on trying to make a stuffed Barn Owl for The MiniMonster.
He's a big fan of the "Guardian of Ga'hoole" movie, ((and I got the first three books to read to him when he's slightly more patient about that sort of thing. I read them myself and they're actually quite good!)) So to show off that I have successfully taught myself basic crochet ((Now I need to learn how to read crochet instructions so I can do Amigirumi.)) I took a couple pictures of the Owl in Progress.
 His face is a knitted panel with two different strands of yarn to give some color depth ((Palate and I think some Rowan...something.)) and his back is some Lion Brand and another bit of Palate yarn.)) ((Thank you Knitpicks.)) His chest is being knit in a white fluffy yarn for extra snuggle, and I'll add black spots on before I close him up. I forget the brand of the white floofy stuff. So far he's not the most amazing toy owl out there, but I'm actually quite proud of myself!



Eyes and beak will also be added after I'm done hooking my way through his torso. I'll add the tail and some feet (probably Icord constructions) after I've stuffed and sewn the body.

No comments:

Post a Comment