Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Accomplished

 It probably says something about my level of growing domesticity when my great accomplishment for the day is getting the shopping and laundry done, and dinner, and having a reasonably clean kitchen and living room when it's all said and done. ((The bedrooms still look like they were hit by small tornadoes... but it's a work in progress.

 This sounds slightly pathetic when you compare it to another friend's great accomplishment being getting their play into a festival, but hey. I'm a Thirty-Odd year old Stay and Home mom, beginner chief, knitter, uber-noobie crocheter, and all around geek.

 I'll take my acomplishments where I can get them.

 Like my plants for example. my second round tray (tomatoes, some peppers, and onions) is doing fantastic, my Parsley is trying to take over the world (I may need to move it into it's own pot) and the very last tray, which has bell peppers of various forms, has developed it's first tiny little starts.

 I. The black thumb. AM GROWING THINGS. THEY HAVE NOT DIED YET. THIS IS FREAKING AMAZING.

 The day wasn't without it's fails and frustrations: I put too much pepper in the Beef and Barley stew, and I learned that while my little hand held sewing machine is ok for some stuff, it's definitely going to have trouble taking the place of a full scale model. I also terrified myself about a dozen times forgetting which position was 'locked and off' and which was 'On and hungry for flesh'. 

 I succeeded in making what was probably the worlds shittiest pillowcase for a tiny pillow for the monster ((mostly for play right now, but it's his scale which is kind of awesome.)), but couldn't get the thing to cooperate to actually seam the half finished blanket I had planned for him ages ago. Maybe I'll have to give up and go borrow my mom's sewing machine. *SIGH* X_X

No comments:

Post a Comment