Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Crazy Socks, Owls, and soforth


Mini Monster is down for a nap again so I'm sneaking in some knitting and blogging.
I've got Cake Boss playing in the background, since I'm a little weird like that I guess and I kinda like having the background noise.

I haven't gotten around to trying to turn the heel yet but I think the socks look ok... so far. I'm using a pattern from "Patons Next Steps Four: Socks and Slippers". (The basic sock in superfine) and some Serenity Garden Yarn "Deborah Norville Collection" in "Gems".

This is that totally crazy yarn I mentioned before, the one I thought was self striping but kinda alternates. It's crazy, but kinda fun, court is still kind of out I admit. Tilmani thinks they'll be fun, so cross your fingers. They'll certainly be comfortable!

I also bought some orange and green yarn (Cotton Classic) to make some 'pumpkin' socks. I'm going to do the top edge, the heel, and the toe in the green, and the rest in the warm pumpkin orange. Simple, but they should be entertaining and fun.

---
I've heard a lot of debate about the Guardians of Gahool movie, and I gotta admit, the trailer is STUNNING, and I kinda want to see it. I never read the books but I remember hearing good things... but then again, I know how bad Hollywood can make a good thing. I mean look at 'The Postman'. Great book. Horrendous bastardization of a film.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, for a minute I thought one of your yellow fish were dying, guess he was ignoring me! Great work! Such PATIENCE! Do you have anything on ETSY? I crochet fantastic pencil cozies, with an occasional scarf here and there. My attention span is that of a fly, so I have to make that hook fly as fast as I possibly can, otherwise, it never gets finished! Take more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried selling anything on Etsy yet, but a friend of mine wants me to stock up on some plush animals to sell at a convention.
    I envy you! I can't crochet, or not more than at a painful limp, which is frustrating because there's some awesome "Amigirumi" patterns for toys I think would be so much fun to do. Are you on Ravelry? You should check it out, there's bound to be some fun ones that would stitch up quickly. :D

    ReplyDelete