Friday, July 30, 2010

Rose tinted Glassess

I switched my blog skin again. I'm kinda curious to see if anyone wants to give me any feed back if they like this one better or not, but I doubt anyone will react.

It's finally Friday. Yay Friday! Even though I'm a Stay at Home Mom ((Referred to as a SAHM on Ravelry.)) I still look forward to it. It's slightly SLIGHTLY more down time for me because there's an extra pair of hands around. That and we're going to be going bed shopping this weekend I think. We kinda need to. There's a cool storage-bed frame we spotted and kind of like, so I hope that works out. Depends how much it costs I guess.

Read MiniMonster some Dr. Seuss last night, that was fun. He seemed to get a kick out of it.
I admit I don't really remember noticing some of the stories being as strong statements as they kind of actually are... like the Lorax.

It made me think that Grandma S. ((Who says she doesn't like the tail end of MASH because it's "Too Left Wing".)) probably doesn't remember that element either or I don't think she'd have been as excited as we both were to find the thirteen story Seuss collection. I suspect that the Lorax, also, is too "Left Wing" for her taste, though if you stop and think about the message is more than -just- environmental.

If no one cares, nothing changes. That goes the same for pretty much any element in your life.

1 comment:

  1. While The Lorax has a definite left wing bent, you should see some of his other stuff! Before he was a children's author, Seuss was a political cartoonist commenting on World War 2... Yertle the Turtle and The Sneeches are both sort of about fascism, but he vehemently denied that Horton Hears a Who is a pro-life statement (it has since been seized upon as such.)

    They're making a movie of The Lorax, and apparently the studio is trying to figure out what the Onceler's face looks like... I always imagined him being the same species as The Grinch, but seeing the Onceler's face is sort of missing the point, don't you think? He's a much better kid villain because we never see his face!

    ReplyDelete