Saturday, July 14, 2012

Yarn Enabler

 My husband is a total knitting enabler... which is a wonderful thing I think. Better that than being married to someone who goes up a tree at the word 'yarn' or 'knitting'.
 We actually got to go by the yarn store today (no kids along to keep out of everything), and he's wandering around behind me making recommendations "I'd go with that green rather than those colors..." nudging me toward books "See anything you like?" and making suggestions. "You should check out these outdoor knitters chairs."
 Me: "Aren't they just fold out chairs?"
 Him: "No see they've got all these storage things on the side and this thing here..." (points to little fold out tray to set your knitting on.)
 Me: ooohhhhhh.
 Him: *laughs*

And he was even cool with me getting a project bag. I saw some with sheep that I thought were cute, but not 'gotta have', then realized they had one with a ram on it on nice neutral fabric and was just crazy cute.

Me: Ooh, I like him... and I think he's the only one...
Me: ... semi-jokingly cuddles bag.
Him: ^_^ Get it!

I also picked up some food coloring to maybe try dying yarn with. I debated putting it back after dyeing the potential color combos on the back of the packages, because I don't HAVE yarn to color, and had further conversation with him.
 "They had undyed yarn at (The Yarn Store). I thought you weren't interested."
 Me: Ooh, no actually I just didn't see it.
 Him: Well get the dye, it'll keep. ^_^


I LOVE THIS GUY. He's amazing in so many ways. Also I think he's secretly and sneakily trying to make me feel less guilty about enjoying my hobby.

 ...I might be side eyeing some bare yarn on knit-picks even as we speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment