Saturday, January 7, 2012

Yet Another Sidebar Link

I just added yet another new sidebar link, this time to Momastery, after someone on Ravelry posted a link to this blog post.

I don't know how other people feel about it, but I thought it was a really great post, and the author raised some great points. This was pretty much one of my favorite parts.

 Parenting is hard. Just like lots of important jobs are hard. Why is it that the second a mother admits that it’s hard, people feel the need to suggest that maybe she’s not doing it right? Or that she certainly shouldn’t add more to her load. Maybe the fact that it’s so hard means she IS doing it right…in her own way…and she happens to be honest.

Amen to that, seriously. I get the same attitude from my mother and sister, from my Father In Law's mother... to a much lesser extent I get it from my Mother In Law when she shows up unexpectedly and I haven't cleaned up after Hurricane MiniMonster yet...

 Don't get me wrong, there are definitely bad mom's out there, but admitting that it's a difficult and stressful job doesn't mean you're automatically dealing with one, it just means we're human too.

------



No comments:

Post a Comment