Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I'm not Dreaming of a White Post-Christmas

But I might tonight, since Tilmani and I spent an obnoxious amount of time shoveling something like two feet of snow out of the driveway, and that's after he did some break out shoveling last night. Needless to say we're both pretty sore, but the driveway is clear and so are the steps.

 The back and Side yard have really wild and interesting Snow Drifts, full of edges and valleys. In some places the ground has only an half inch of snow due to the powerful wind gusts last night, and in other places... well... it's like the driveway. It's sort of cool, but dang heavy. The snow wasn't the wettest and heaviest we've shoveled, but it certainly wasn't fluffy and light.

 I'm rather glad I own some home made wool socks these days ((These were made by my teacher and her antique auto-knitter.)) They kept my feet toasty warm, which was fantastic, since normally my fingers and toes practically freeze off by the time I've been out shoveling for a little while, regardless of my foot and hand gear.

 It's a good soup day, so we're making the Onion-Potato soup in my recipe list, although I admit I tossed some bacon bits in just to change it up a little.

1 comment:

  1. WoW, sounds like you guys had quite a snow storm! Wish I were there to play in it, we had snow, but not enough to actually go sledding on. ):

    ReplyDelete