Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Nospheratu!

The Mini Monster has cut one of his two upper front teeth, and the other is immediately on it's heels! This was a rather exciting development for us, and kind of funny timing if you consider the teeth on the traditional Nospheratu vampire, and Halloween's rapid approach.

I've purchased some candy for the Trick or Treater's, but I'm not entirely sure if I have enough. I bought two boxes of full sized bars, none of the fun sized ones for me, and definitely no DumDums.

I always hated getting DumDum's when I trick or treated, I dunno about the rest of you but they just never had that much appeal for me. They just make your mouth sticky and don't taste all that great. It was kinda like getting pretty much any form of 'bad' candy. Like *shudder* Necco Wafers.

I realize that they're cheap candy, but Halloween and Christmas only come once a year, and if I have an excuse to dress up and get candy (speaking from Kid-view) I want to do it in STYLE. I mean most kids around here are already going to be sulking because they'll need to wear warm coats over their costumes, so I don't see it hurting to give them 'real' candy bars.

Mini ones also always seem to be a little stale, I've never understood that.

I just hope they actually get to eat them. I used to work with a woman... I'm sure most of us have met the type. The aging woman desperately trying to pretend she's still Sweet Sixteen. She dressed in clothing that was too small, wore too much makeup, bleached her hair to straw... and boasted about how whenever she and her son went trick or treating she'd trained him to give the bag to -her- afterward, so she could take all the 'good' candy. ((Her phrasing)). He got the dumdums and the Necco wafers, she got the Reeses, the Chocolate Bars, the Baby Ruths... you name it.

I never told her but that always -really- made me mad. I understand checking your kids candy to make sure that it hasn't been tampered with, but that's an entirely different animal. As an adult, if you want Halloween candy THAT badly, go buy yourself a bag.

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm...Necco wafers...chocolate Necco wafers, banana laffy taffy, tootsie roll pops, twizzlers, caramel popcorn balls, candy apples ...O; (drool) Hope you have a safe and fun Halloween!

    Congrats on your little vampires tooth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL <3 Well if anyone gives me any Necco's I know where to send them! It's the powdery covering that drives me nuts, it's a wierd 'thing' for me. :D
    Mmm. I -love- chocolate tootsie pops though. 8d

    Hope you have a great halloween yourself! Now I'm in the mood to start making goodies though! DARN! XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. My parents would always pick at my candy, but they never outright stole all the good stuff! Way to ruin a fun holiday, lady. :|

    ReplyDelete