Saturday, August 7, 2010

Craftsmans Fair and Artifa-cation

My mom, my sister and I went to the Craftsmans Faire in Sunapee this weekend. I'm a little jealous I couldn't join them for breakfast, because the place they went makes DELICIOUS breakfast sandwiches and I'd just about bite someone right now to get one, but had fun anyway.

I got a new Purse and wallet from a craftswoman there who makes fantastic stuff. Every time we go we look at her stuff. I love my leather bags, they smell so nice, and I've always been a Leather person. It's wonderfully resilient if you handle it right, and good Leather Work just ROCKS.
I admit I was almost swayed by another purse maker I hadn't seen before because of some astonishing bead work... but Nericcio Leathers are tried, true, and pretty, and I got a really awesome purse for no where near the 950$ the beaded one would have cost. ((It was gorgeous, but I can't justify that for a PURSE.))

I also bought ((Well technically I'll pay my mother back for it.)) An original etched plate from an artist who makes etchings. She retired the plate, and had it matted and framed in black. With the picture in black against the copper of the plate ((Which glows in the sun)) and a black mat and frame ((A thin white edge accentuates the mats that pin down the plate)) It. Is. Gorgeous.

Tilmani doesn't think it's 'His Thing', but I think it's one of the most beautiful things we saw. I did make him chuckle though and will try and get him to go see another Wall hanging we saw, a quilted wall hanging shaped like a Fish. I didn't spot the Artists name but they had a couple of them. I was ((Surprise)) kinda taken with the vibrant red one. It was just so much FUN.

I also bought, after years of stopping in and drooling, two necklaces from Luann Udell. I have a 'charm' necklace with a tiny soapstone fish, an round disk, and a greenish freshwater pearl, hanging from a silver ring on an leather cord, and a small Soapstone horse on an dark beaded metal chain.

I also got a glass heart necklace, very pretty and swirly colored, it looks kinda like a slice of fruit or a flower petal, with three little swooshes like apple seeds or stamens. ((MiniMonster I guess figured it looked like Fruit. He tried to eat it.)) Again, sorry folks, didn't catch the artists name for this one.

The last few years we went it was kind of a bust at the fair, and felt like it was the same stuff over and over. This time there was plenty to drool over, or maybe it was just looking at it with a fresh pair of eyes. Anyway we had fun, though as usual the band was WAY. TOO. LOUD. We all joked about having localized hearing damage from having one ear pointed toward them when we got a snack at the concession tent.

Good times, had by all. Well... Tilmani had his hands full with the Mini Monster. He was mostly well behaved, took a nap, had some food, but apparently kept demanding me when Tilmani tried to feed him. Poor Tilmani. <:/ Hard to feel appreciated when your young charge keeps looking around and demanding "Mama??" I gave him a big hug when I got back.

No comments:

Post a Comment