Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, all that jazz.
I finished my husbands neck warmer in it's oversized glory, and working with the Lion Brand "Amazing" it came out a much better fit than it did with the worsted-cotton. Huh.
The Yarn works in mysterious ways... oooooh.

My one note of interest regarding the "Amazing" is, the dye lot they got at the drug store anyway, came out much darker and earthier all around than they advertised in their 'hey we have new shiny amazing yarn to tempt you with' email. Even the "Wildflower" one I got (I'm making myself one) is very dark and earthy, like maybe the colors were run over an dark gray yarn or something. It doesn't look -bad-, but it does look pretty dark.

Otherwise my big 'crafty' thing for the morning is the pot of Baked-Potato soup I'll be making in the crock pot. Mmmm.
I've made it once before and it comes out pretty darn nicely, even though I'm not actually a big soup fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment