Friday, April 6, 2012

Almost Easter

 It's almost Easter, which means I've got an impressive amount of goodies to handle the next couple days. Well.. mostly I need to make a Blueberry Strudel pie (SO GOOD.) but I'm also making rice crispy treats (easy) and Lemon Bars (Also pretty easy). In the wings and probably not being made this week are pecan bars and blueberry muffins.

 We'll be having Easter Dinner at Auntie K's house, probably Ham (last years was amazing, and I don't usually like Ham.) Last year they got it from a farm up the road, and it being locally raised may have made a big difference. Instead of that squishy, damp, sponge meat I'm used to calling "Ham" it was dense, tender, and delicious. There were also amazing baked beans and other goodies, and a nice sense of family community. The first year we did it I felt... enormously awkward and out of place, but last year was better. I felt a bit more like I belonged there, and I hope that continues.

 We colored Easter eggs, including some blown eggs I plan to run ribbon through. I don't know how long they'll last but they would make a fun decoration while they do, and a bit more personal than just hanging plastic eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment