Sunday, March 25, 2012

This Yarn Hates Me

I've tried working with the skein of Claudia Hand Painted Silk my friend bought so I could make her something with it, oh, something like twenty goddamn times now. It's constantly ended up frogged, because something ALWAYS. ALWAYS. ALWAYS. Goes wrong.

 This gets even more frustrating when you get a decent way into what you're doing, realize you made a mistake, attempt to tink back, and realize one, tiny little stitch has escaped like Harry Houdini and run back just about as far as it can go and left a gargantuan swatch of destruction in it's wake.

 Seriously this goddamn stuff has me about ready to cry. OVER YARN. I'm just so frustrated at failing with this stuff. I could technically just make a garter stitch shawl and have done with, but after making her daughter a Holden, that feels like cheating. Maybe I could do a garter stitch with this stuff and make her something flashier later? I mean it's really a pretty enough yarn... or would that be copping out?

 I don't know...

No comments:

Post a Comment