Thursday, November 24, 2011

Little Silk Dragons

 Happy Thanksgiving everyone, if you celebrate it, and if you don't: Enjoy a great day, hopefully with great food and great people.

 I've got a new project on the needles: the Dragon Scales Shawl with some tiny laceweight silk yarn. ...I'll admit I'm not sure I will voluntarily do much with 100% silk yarn again, it's a bastard to wind, and a bastard to rip out if I need to. Both resulted in more snarls than an kennel of rabid dogs, but for softness it's damned hard to beat.

 Technically the pattern calls for a heavier yarn, but It seems so far to be coming out ok, and the size is pretty much 'as big as you want' so if I get SUPER strapped for size I can always get another Skein... (cringe). Though I might see about paying the extra to have the owner of the store wind it.

The Dragon Scale Shawl in progress
The pie is done (unsampled) in the fridge, Tilmani loved his gifts, and the cake AND the frosting came out pretty well. I can't say the frosting came out QUITE as well as I would have liked, or that I didn't end up wearing more than my share of powdered sugar... but overall, good baking day and good baking results.

 Oh and Tony Van Helsing liked an analogy I posted on his blog. Clearly I win the Internet. ;)

2 comments:

  1. I've been wished a Happy Thanksgiving so may times by bloggers I'm beginning to feel I'm missing out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. XD the short version: gorge yourself stupid on tasty food ((tasty is preferable)) pumpkin pie, and then go into a food coma watching sports. You have then achieved most of the Thanksgiving tradition. ((except for some family's where it involves "dealing with a flood of relatives invading the house." On top of the rest. Or toxic relatives, which is even more fun. Ours was pretty much the 'eat till everyone drops and falls asleep' version. C_C

    ReplyDelete