Thursday, May 12, 2011

Awkard Places

 I find myself in sort of an unusual and awkward place at the moment.

 There's a friend I've known for some years now and I need to figure out exactly how to deal with them. We used to be really close, if not physically. We chatted pretty much constantly, and emailed back and forth. They knew me before I even knew my husband. They knew me before MiniMonster was born, and for a short time, they considered a relationship with another one of my friends, (Turtle).

 The relationship with Turtle didn't work out, distance and other things were a factor, but such things happen. That's not the problem. The problem I've been having is that since I had MiniMonster, they've grown more distant. At first incrementally, and then more and more so. There were very reasonable excuses of course. Work, College, A New House, all of these at the same time, plus attending conventions to sell things. We stopped having RP sessions together, and then there slowly stopped being any real communication at all.

 They haven't said specifically that they've got a problem with me, and they're typically not someone who's got a problem with letting people know if they have a problem... but I think I know what the problem IS.

 It's MiniMonster I think. Something about me having become a parent and me going to have a second child (Baby NomNom), has cause a complete withdrawal of communication. I even sent them an anouncement that we were going to have another child, and I personally didn't get a response. Turtle did though. He got a email reply of:
 "They're pregnant again? You know they've identified what causes that."

 On it's own this could be construed as an sort of tasteless joke, but combined with the total retreat, it just comes off as being pretty rude. I don't feel like I've changed that much. I've had to become more responsible, I have more things to do, and I can't drop everything and galavant across the countryside at the drop of a hat, but really with most peoples budgets and jobs... lets face it. Galavanting on a regular, unplanned basis is for people who don't have a real grasp of their responsibilities regarding others.

 I feel like at this point I've got one of two options: I can either just let things die, though this gives me the feeling that the story they'll tell others is that I'm somehow the one who decided that we couldn't be friends any more, or I can take a page out of their book. ((They boast often about their bull headed qualities.)) and be more direct, and send them an email pointing out that I heard, and was offended by their comment, and that I feel as though I'm being cut out of things because I have children, and would like to know if thats really what she wants.

 I'll grant her that she's had bad experiences with -A- woman who had children, a rather unbalanced on, but it's completely unfair I think to judge me by the standards of one, singular individual, who has nothing in common with me.

 It's an awkward place to be and I don't like it.


PS. Once I got past my initial rage-faces, Tangled had funny moments, and MiniMonster liked the lanterns.

4 comments:

  1. (Baby NomNom) Well congratulations Mom and Dad, when are you due?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^_^ I still need to schedule with the Midwives ((I'm being horribly lazy about that)) but as best as we've been able to calculate, sometime in December. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you have chose to have a midwife help with your delivery? My daughter had one with her second baby, but didn't have the opportunity to have one with her 3rd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the hospitals in the area has a midwife team who can help out with any pregnancy's that aren't high risk. They actually stay with you the whole time instead of blitzing in and out like the doctors, so I was glad of that. <:D They were really nice and doctors were available the whole time, just in case, but I didn't have any pregnancy issues so. *thumbs up*

    ReplyDelete