Thursday, January 27, 2011

Making Myths at Home

So I've been hearing stuff about "The Slender Man" on and off for a while, and as a mythology buff, this has kind of been bugging me since I had -never- heard of him before.
So I finally gave up and did a little let work and found out that this was because The Slender Man is an entirely modern bit of mythos that was created by an rather ingenious fellow using a camera, youtube, and the power of suggestion. ((also some tricky camera work.))

This is where I have to concede to being pretty darn impressed. I mean how cool would it be to create a piece of mythos and have it sink it's spindly fingers so deeply into peoples brains the way the whole Slender Man thing has?

 I'll be surprised if he's not a commonly accepted and searched for critter in 20 years. If not less.

1 comment:

  1. Night, I quickly opened a new tab to check out this myth, very fascinating.

    -Muse

    ReplyDelete